I got to sleep in because my flight wasn’t until the afternoon. Luckily, I was there to hold down the fort. After I woke up someone opened the door and came right into our house (it turned out to be Dennis Taylor dropping off the key), then I looked out the window and my dad’s truck was open so ran down stairs to prevent the second robbery of the week (but it was one of my dad’s workers), then Tilly started choking, then my mom called because they were delayed, then Christina called because the tropical storm of the decade just hit the lsland and all of Laie was under water, then John called and told me to bring a rain proof jacket, then Tilly kept choking, then and I had to give her a bronchial dialator(things are getting out of control with this dog). Frankly, I was ecstatic when it was finally time to go.
When I boarded my 5 ½ hour American Airline’s flight to Honolulu, I found myself seated next to a extra large woman with a child seated in her lap that was two-sizes too large. The women took about 1/4 of my seat and her child took the rest of my legroom. But overwhelmed with the Christmas spirit, I let the whole thing go even though the girl put her hand in my drink.
The view from our condo on Hukilau Beach.
My first night in Hawaii as was eventfully as every night since. When I arrived, my dad and grandma were already asleep. Not good because it was only 8 o’clock Hawaii time, but then again my dad doesn’t really adjust to new time zones so who really cares what time it was. I got assigned the bed with Grandma Boss (don’t worry it was king size) because my dad fell asleep on the trundle bed. After speaking with my mom I finally decided to go to bed, but by that time my mom and dad where sharing a twin bed. (Two-sizes too small???) The next morning I woke up early because my dad makes lots of noise in the morning to make sure no one adjust to the time change. So I went to the other room and laid in the bed next to my mom, but it was pretty sandy. My mom explained.
The beach in front of our condo. (It really isn't that bad.)
Apparently, during the night my dad woke up after I went to bed. He couldn’t sleep so he walked out to the beach. Troublesomely, he had already taken a sleeping pill and he fell asleep on the beach. Luckily, it started to rain on him and he woke up and decided to go back to bed. But in his pill induced drunkenness he barely made it back inside and gave no thought to getting the sand off his feet before returning to his bed. Thus a sanding morning, a flooded town and a tired family.
8 comments:
How can I possibly highlight all my favorite parts? I loved reading about the chaotic morning of departure... Classic! Is Tilly okay now? And Dennis Taylor walking in with the key :) I'm sorry about your compromised leg room on the flight- good thing you saw children singing in the TNRB and got in the Christmas spirit!
Wow! I don't even know what to say?! I do love how creatively you explained everything : ) Sounds like an amazing trip. I love it when you talk about your Grandma. I have to meet her someday!
My favorite part must be awarded to Dad falling asleep on the beach.
hahahahahaha! Sandy beads and choking dogs. Funny.
Oh my word. I cannot tell you how much Nate and I loved this blog. Tell your dad thank you so much for the entertainment. Stories like those are what keep you laughing during everything. Hope all is well with the fam and enjoy Hawaii!
so I saw your blog on gmail and this is great! I love new blog friends.
What is WRONG with your dog?! Wow! Thanks for entertaining Devon and me on this Sabbath morning. I just read a rather depressing blog and thought, gosh, that wasn't fun. So I clicked on "Scott Hathaway" knowing you would pull me out of that ditch of despair! So, thanks!
so you think you're special cause you're in Hawaii while we're here in the snow? Well..you are. Scott, are we friends? I think the picture you have as your header for your blog is kind of huge. :)
Abby, Stefanie's friend.
Post a Comment