Saturday, January 24, 2009

Why Has't Thou Forsaken Me...

That title might be a little overly dramatic, but it's a good way to begin. I have definitely forsaken my blog for that last, well, too long. Since my last post I've completed a family vacation with my family (countless stories to be told), celebrated Christmas, partied for New Years, and returned to Provo, which ultimately resulted in a rather sudden departure. Let's be honest, I have a lot to tell. But instead of digging up the past right now, I'm going to start with the current state of things, and I'll fill in the rest as I feel so inclined.

I've applied to a couple different public relations positions around the country. The most promising position is in Chicago with a firm specializing in corporate communications and change management. I would love to work for them, but all these applications require wait time so I'm spending my wait on vacation.

I spent yesterday driving up the cost, visiting Hearst Castle, watching the mammoth-like elephant seals in Big Sur, and enjoying some delectable dinning in Carmel (home of Pebble Beach Golf Course) before retiring to bed. It was quite the day.


Me at the Neptune Pool


Indoor Pool at Hearst Castle, very luxurious.


Enormous Elephant Seals in Big Sur. The babies wouldn't stop crying.

Got to run, we are off to San Francisco!

3 comments:

Devonee said...

I am ready for the rest of the stories. . .and I am just a little jealous, I wish I could be going to San Francisco, too. Can't wait to hear more. . .

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous. I've always wanted to see an elephant seal!

Lisa and Mark said...

scott. i am waiting for a post about your wonderful san francisco hosts.