Friday, June 12, 2009

Diamond Fork Canyon, What a Gem

If you live in Provo and you haven't been to Diamond Fork Canyon, you are doing yourself a great disservice. The canyon is beautiful and it has amazing hot springs. The best semi-natural springs I've visited!

Stefanie invited me with to go with her Jerusalem friends, and we had a blast. They are a pretty funny group, and it was nice to finally put some names with faces.

For dinner, we had tin foil dinners, and I'm not exaggerating when I say they changed my life. It turns out that I've done more than my fair share of camping, but lately I've gotten a little soft. I've kind of started buying Subway for the trail or just warming up dehydrated meals. But these little tin foil meals were good. So good, in fact, that I bought a bunch of supplies and made a freezer full of them so I can pop one in the oven anytime I want.

And now for the great debut! Banana Boats! Honestly, where were my scout leaders on this one?

Here are some instructions...
1. Slit a fresh banana down the middle like you're gutting it.
2. Stuff it full of mini marshmallows and chocolate chips.
3. Wrap it in tin foil.
4. And throw it on the fire.
5. Savor!

Nothing could be sweeter!

3 comments:

jeanine said...

Scott... so glad that i found your blog. I love to be able to catch up with all my old friends this way!

Stefanie Elyse said...

I'm so glad you had fun. And yeah, banana boats and tin foil dinners are the BEST :)

Ange said...

Christina made us bannana boats the other night, LOVED them!!! Looks like you are having fun!!