Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Decision Paralysis :(

Do you every have those times in your life when, for whatever reason, you just can’t make simple decisions effectively? I think you all know what I’m talking about. You’re standing in line at Panda Express looking at the menu, but you just can figure it out which meal option to get. The guy asks you what you want and you tell him one thing, and then another, and then ANOTHER. Then, once you finally know what to get, he asks you what sides you want. And that’s it, in that moment you realize you’ve failed one of life’s little tests. I KNOW, I know…ridicules, but do you get what I’m saying?

Well, this has been the story of my life for the last little while, which I might add, is very unlike me. I am normally quite in control, maybe even to a fault. But with graduation pending, a career search in full swing, internship responsibilities and classes that just won’t stop…I’ve been a little, well—overwhelmed.

But I’ve decided this simple cannot continue. I’m regrouping and it’s working. I don’t have everything figured out, but who need that. I listened to Bishop Burton’s talk at the CES Fireside and he says, “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments.” I can be disciplined, and maybe for right now that’s all I need to do.

4 comments:

BEANA said...

more pictures please

and interesting stories

People always like funny dating stories.. change the names of the people

Anonymous said...

Pictures would be good - but not of you please. Maybe pictures of snow. I like snow. And if you don't have any interesting stories, you can always lie. Or tell people about my life. I'm pretty fascinating.

Stefanie Elyse said...

Amen to Beana's comment: More pictures please :)

I hate it when you can't decide between the white and wheat roll... that's the worst!

alicea said...

Scott....you are too funny...I love your style, and i got a blog too. Viva the More Good Foundation, getting us started and all (and stressed)

Alice A.