It was kind of a whirlwind. I didn't have time to really process what was going on, but when I saw the Statue of Liberty below as I flew into the city it kind of hit me. I was like, "That's the actual Statue of Liberty!" All my New York friends I'd met on the flight were very supportive.

Did I mention that Times Square is absolutely amazing?!? This is my friend Candace Davider...she was pretty much born to party.
Yesterday was the big day. I'd scheduled appointments with department heads and professors for the MS in Public Relations and Corporate Communications and the MS in Industrial/Organization Psychology at NYU.

Me in the subway. I spent a lot of my time here.
My first appointments were with professors from the PR/CC program. It was very impressive. They run a quality program, and it focuses on building practical skills that will make us an asset in the market place. And the program's location definitely gives it a strategic advantage, students frequently visit large companies in NYC and the program welcomes lots of executives as quest lecturers.

This guy is in Washington Square Park and a symbol for NYU. I actually saw part of a filming near here for Nicholas Cages new movie.
My second visit was with the I/O Psychology department. (I/O Psych is similar to Organization Behavior, but a little different.) Students in this program work with companies during almost all their classes--identifying problems, creating organizations plans and presenting to clients. The program is small and held in very high regard.

Don't be deceived! It may look sunny and beautiful, but it's just a trap to get you outside into NY's frigid wind.
After I took care of my life planning, I had to go see the city. The Statue of Liberty is amazing. I was a total sucker. I was just swept away with patriotic pride as I listened to the audio tour. They were just talking about how the Statue is arguably the most widely recognized international symbol for freedom. Kind of makes you proud, don't it?
Anyway, in the end, New York is an absolutely enchanting city with more to do than could ever be done in one lifetime. (Those of you who have visited the MET know what I'm talking about.) I love the city and really want to apply to the programs at NYU, but I need to get some work experience and really decided what I want to do before I sign up for grad school. My story is still being written.
1 comment:
Three cheers for NYC! I am so excited that you have joined the club of "People Who Have Been to NYC and Will Never Be the Same." I may or may not be the president of said club. And yes, that Lady Liberty strikes a good chord of patriotism. Here's to the land of the free as long as it is the home of the brave!
Post a Comment