Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I'm BACK and Ready For Adventure

I arrived in Provo last night at 9:45 p.m., and I can't believe I'm actually here to graduate. Honestly, I think it still hasn't hit me, but hopefully soon. Maybe after I purchase my cap and gown today, let's hope.

And while I'm excited to graduate, I have to admit that I am very excited for everything else that Utah has to offer me: hiking in the Unitas, mountain biking down from the top of the Alpine Loop, rock climbing in Rock Canyon, floating the Provo, cruising down the canyon's bike path, caving and much more.

I do talk a lot of crap on Utah because it get so cold here, but when the snow melts...there are not many places I'd rather be.

Anyway, this deep, pent-up desire to challenge the great outdoors is only compounded by the arrival of my favorite magazine in the entire world--National Geographic Adventure. Could there be any sweeter phrase? I'm not going to lie; I love this magazine. And it's always a great day when it arrives in the mail.


This little baby is packed with the greatest domestic and international adventures avaliable to man.

Yesterday, this little jont caught my eye...

Location: Colorado

Description: In a state full of great rivers, just one is officially Wild and Scenic: the Cache la Poudre, which tumbles north and east out of the Rockies below Rocky Mountain National Park. "I've been guiding rafts for 15 years and can honestly say that the Poudre is my favorite river in Colorado--and I have been on them all," says local outfitter Bob Klein.

The fullday trip is riddled with Class III & IV rapids, including one named Death by Dismemberment. I can hardly wait!!! If you're interested, let me know.


This is Vess, James and I rafting in Costa Rica.
All I can say is, if you can't handle the pressure...
Stay away.

No comments: