I have spent a lot of time in some pretty impressive National Parks during my time in scouting, but Canada just blew America's parks out of the water. If you haven't been, put this place on your bucket list!
This is Emerald Lake--my favorite destination. The brilliant turquoise water is fed by glaciers on the towering rocky mountains that drop right to the water's edge. Beautiful!
Stef's family built this place up so much I wondered whether I would be disappointed. Turns out, they could have gone on and on, and I still would have been blow away.
Most Hilarious Moment: For some weird reason, I have to climb on everything. Stef and I were hanging out on the bridge to the little hotel, and I climbed up on the railing. I think Stef told me she would give me $10 if I would jump into the glacial water backwards. I was like, "You want me to dive into a LAKE backwards?" As I was speaking a 60-something-year-old mother walked by and said, "No, you don't want to dive into to the lake!" Her husband was embarrassed and trying to get her to keep walking, but she wouldn't. I said, "Don't worry, my mother taught me to never dive into lakes so I don't break my neck." As she started to walk away, she apparently didn't believe I wouldn't jump into the lake. So, over her shoulder, in a loud slow voice, she said, "HERE...YOUR...MOTHER'S...VOICE!!!"
I laughed and laughed and laughed...Oh mom, if this isn't proof that your prayers are answered, I don't what is.
9 comments:
You are right it is beautiful. Why didn't the mormons end up in some place like that instead of desserts.
56 hits and I'm the second comment? hmmm... I'm gonna need some proof :) Emerald Lake was fantastic- I especially love the pic of us on the dock. What a beautiful day!
Beautiful!!! Is emerald lake a part of banff?
Wow---guess I missed that place since I lived in the barren flatlands of Manitoba most of my life;)
Gorgeous!!! Looks like you have had a great time!!
Emerald Lake is really close to Banff, but it's actually in Yoho, the next park over. It's about 1 1/2 away.
This place looks like Switzerland, seriously. Hi, Scott!
I'm glad we didn't build it up too much for you! You're going to have to return just so you can walk all the way around the lake-it's so worth it! This area of Canada beats the US all to pieces!
I'm gonna say, "Perfectly peaceful"
It was so fun to have you along!
I'm in love with the picture of the boats and mountains in the background. Can I have a copy?
Post a Comment