Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Weekend: Was It A Good Decision?

Well, on Friday I did about a thousand things before taking off for a weekend trip to St. George, Utah. I guess I should have worked harder because I forgot about a thousand more things. Disturbing, yes! The whole drive down to St. George I kept remembering things I had forgotten to take care of and made me very frustrated. And I thought I would have Internet at the condo we stayed at, but I didn't. :(

Surprisingly, Saturday morning I had a revelation - the world would keep going without me. If you haven't considered this aspect of life, do - it is very liberating.

I spent Saturday at Zion's National Park and get this, my friend and I drove her grandpa's yellow Jeep. It was tight! We did some pretty extreme off roading that got the adrenaline pumping and brought a smile to my face.

That night we went to see Les Miserable at the Tuachan, an outdoor theater out in the middle of no where. It was beautiful! The show was great and the setting was breathtaking. You look out on a huge stage dwarfed by giant red rock mountain directly behind it. As the evening progresses the stars come out and you can't help stop listening to the show just to soak up you surroundings.

So was the weekend a good decision? Well, I had a blast, and I was rejuvenated. But, Monday really sucked.

3 comments:

Scott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Devonee said...

Uh, your friend? That happened to be ME! A good decision? How can you even ask that question! Of course it was! You forgot to mention the live goats, horses and pigs on stage at the Tuachan : )

The Richards said...

Of course it was a good decision! It was great meeting you and getting to know you. You are welcome to join us any time!

P.S. I hope you don't mind that your friend showed me your blog. Now I can spy on you. :)